Friday, June 1, 2012

Unexpected Discounts

While packing boxes, wrapping breakables in bubble wrap, and organizing the moving day, I also started cancelling some catalog subscriptions and updating others to out new address. Funny thing is, I didn't realize the post office had this thing where they forward our mail FOR FREE. I knew that they offered the service, but I was sure it was complicated to set up and had a price.

But, after moving and having an empty mailbox for several days in a row, I started to worry that something had slipped through the cracks! So, with the advice of a friend, I set up mail forwarding at USPS.com. It was super easy. All I had to pay was $1.00 so that the post office could verify my identity with my bank account info.


But here is the whole point to this post - the PERK of forwarding our mail. It is a one spot shop where I could have gone to cancelled or updated my address for some of my catalogs. And I got this awesome packet in the mail to confirm that it was approved.


Loads of coupons, discounts, and notice of deals going on in the area. Our favorites are discounts at Pottery Barn, Pier 1, and Lowe's. So, to all of those who are moving or have recently moved and didn't know how EASY getting your mail forwarded was, DO IT! It eases your mind that your mail won't get lost and forgotten, it's easy, and you can get some great deals to fill your new home with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you love what you read, leave a comment, question, blogging round of applause, suggestion, or general hello. And while your opinion is respected, those who speak negatively and not to "build one another up in love" will be deleted.

All feedback is manually approved. Please be patient for your comment to appear.