For our 3 year anniversary, The Mister and I took a trip to Kauai, Hawaii. It was beautiful and fun and relaxing. We took it after a hard few months of manual labor on something we will share about soon. It was beautiful and such a blessing.
We have friends who make a trip to the island pretty frequently, so I had a solid list of things to see, do, and eat to look through. We took a catamaran tour of the Na'pali Coast, hiked to a beautiful beach, flew a kite, ate delicious food, visited a farmers market, and ultimately embraced down time.
If you are planning a trip to the Garden Isle, here are a few things we want to be sure you do not miss!
- Tour the Na'Pali Coast. We took a Catamaran tour at sunset. It was gorgeous and the best way to take in the sights of the coast.
- Take a Zodiac raft scuba diving trip anywhere. Zodiac's are what Navy Seals use for special ops. They are fast and awesome. Getting to glide along the water next to dolphins and among sea turtles, hopping between a couple places to scuba and see the beautiful array of fish and volcanic caves was definitely memorable.
- Hike something! There are so many hiking spots. Be sure to bring good shoes, as it can get muddy.
- Visit a farmers market- they pop up just about every day of the week in various areas. You have to take the opportunity to taste the local fruits.
Our favorite places that we ate during our time were:
- Postcards in Hanalei
- Delicious seafood and such fresh ingredients!
- Kalaheo Coffee Co. and Café
- Great stop for lunch!
- Bubba's Burgers
- A Hawaiian chain restaurant with a fun atmosphere and yummy burgers
- Wishing Well Shaved Ice in Hanalei
- Cold, refreshing, inspired treats served out of an RV!
We can't wait to go back.