Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Marry and Eat Cake

Sorry I didn't get a post up yesterday (I promise I will make it up later in the week). The Mister and I had 2 days off together in a row with no previous obligation (which doesn't happen as often as we would like) so we decided to head back to our hometown and visit family.



Our one year wedding anniversary was a couple of weeks ago (and I told you guys about what we got each other here). Sadly, we didn't get to do the traditional eat-the-top-of-our-wedding-cake thing because we didn't have it at our apartment. But going back home to see family gave us access to my mom's freezer where said wedding cake was kept. So we dug in and had another celebratory moment of one year of marriage.


To make sure the cake stayed fresh and to avoid freezer burn, my mom and the AMAZING woman who made the cake and served as our day-of wedding coordinator (the Maid of Honor's mom that we love) wrapped it with A LOT of plastic wrap and then aluminum foil, Then it was set in a box and the box was closed up with aluminum foil, too.






I've been asked by friends if the cake still tasted good... and it did!! I liked it more than on our actual wedding day where I couldn't eat as much as I would have liked due to the excitement. I highly recommend couples keep this tradition.

Happy anniversary to us and all of those other couples out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you love what you read, leave a comment, question, blogging round of applause, suggestion, or general hello. And while your opinion is respected, those who speak negatively and not to "build one another up in love" will be deleted.

All feedback is manually approved. Please be patient for your comment to appear.