She made mini ones, but I do not have a mini muffin tin in my baking arsenal as of yet, so I just adjusted the baking time and made regular muffins.
These muffins used many ingredients I do not usually have on hand in my pantry: almond flour, brown rice flour, and grapeseed oil. They were there on the shelf at Walmart, so don't fret about being able to find them.
You have seen other carrot muffin recipe. Delicious and sweet veggies in cake. So, seeing another with zucchini added in the mix made my mouth water. Don't forget to peel that carrot before you grate it. The zucchini can keep its skin.
Super thick, delicious smelling batter. It smelled even better baking in the oven. That cinnamon will get me every time.
And the frosting. You don't have to have frosting on yours, but I just can't do it.
I always seem to have cream cheese in the house. Cream cheese frosting is my favorite. Blend until smooth. Top it the way you like it.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated carrots (from1 medium peeled carrot)
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini (from 1 medium unpeeled zucchini)
- 1/2 cup raisins
Frosting (optional for you)
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese, at room temperature (about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 mini muffin tins with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, sieve together the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add any solids leftover in the sieve to the bowl and mix in.
3. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the oil, syrup, and egg. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in the grated carrot, grated zucchini, and raisins.
4. Fill the prepared muffin cups 3/4 full with the batter and bake until light golden, about 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
5. For the frosting: In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and honey until smooth.
6. Spread the cooled muffins with frosting, if using, and serve.