Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pride


Photo: Holly, friend

We had a one sided argument yesterday. It was one sided because he was gracious, merciful, patient, and loving. I was disrespectful, unloving, and not the wife I want to be.

It was one sided because I became hot headed, gave way to the silly alternate reality in my head, and started spouting off accusations and "you should have" and "I always." As soon as much of it had escaped from my mouth, I immediately ached inside because I realized how sinful I was being. So what did I do?

I got madder. Of course. Blamed more. Brought up old stuff. What did my husband do?

Say he was sorry. Rubbed my shoulders. Told me he loved me.

He killed my pride with kindness. I broke down later, apologized, and repented for my sinful heart and disrespectful attitude.

My husband showed me a picture of how one can act like Jesus when faced with someone who is sinning against you. I hope he never has to show  me that again.

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. Proverbs 11:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you love what you read, leave a comment, question, blogging round of applause, suggestion, or general hello. And while your opinion is respected, those who speak negatively and not to "build one another up in love" will be deleted.

All feedback is manually approved. Please be patient for your comment to appear.