Monday, February 13, 2012

Ice Cream Container Turned Freezer Storage

I use to not be this way. I was totally ok with throwing away anything. But since we started saving jars of all kinds, shapes, and sizes for our wedding, I just. Can't. Stop.

And it seems to have gone beyond jars, now. I dug out the last scoop of vanilla ice cream that we had been working on for a while. I didn't even hesitate when I put the container in the dishwasher instead of our recycling bin. Then I went to dreaming up the possibilities.

This hand container can hold loads of different things - different bags of opened veggies, the pot pies I make for quick lunches for The Mister, our quick smoothie packs... So, I decided to jazz it up a bit.

My go to jazzer-upper these days is a trust container of chalkboard paint. Because this is on plastic, I knew doing several coats would be important. I wasn't interested in painting the whole container - just cover up the words.




Some trusty painters tape was applied. And the coats went on.



It flakes up a bit, which is ok for me right now. But I would recommend anyone doing this to either go the spray paint method or add a base coat down first. I am happy with our new freezer storage container and it is quite useful.


Anyone find a way to use things normally thrown out to organize your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you love what you read, leave a comment, question, blogging round of applause, suggestion, or general hello. And while your opinion is respected, those who speak negatively and not to "build one another up in love" will be deleted.

All feedback is manually approved. Please be patient for your comment to appear.