Saturday, February 10, 2018

Getting Rid of Toxins Made Me Stinky, Until Purification

Most of us have heard about the studies that show the harmful effects of aluminum in antiperspirants/deodorants on our health. So we have been ditching the commercial products to use more natural alternatives. I tried SO MANY KINDS! But, I kept getting a rash under my arms. (Too much information? This is a post about deodorant and stinky armpits, so... expect more). It was awful. I would be fine for a few days, then start getting some irritation/redness/itching. My clothing would make it worse, I would scratch it when I was sleeping... Again - awful. So I would stop using the many, many, many different kinds of natural deodorants and go au natural. This meant I smelled. I'm not too shy to say I get an odor going. But it was manageable. I started using a salt stick and noticed my odor wasn't as strong when I ate "cleaner."



Then I had a baby. And it got SO MUCH WORSE!! Those post partum hormones are no joke. I was losing my hair, not getting sleep, figuring out and experiencing all the joys and craziness of nursing with pumping and nursing pads, and smelled so bad. Showers were not even helping me. I would get out and still had body odor. And my rash was back and not getting better when I went au natural. It just stayed and stayed. After fighting it for 2 weeks, I couldn't do it anymore.

Secret Weapon for Smells!

I started reading things and found this blog post. I tried the pit detox - but added Purification essential oil to it. And it worked. 3 days and my rash was gone. GONE. it was awesome. I whipped up the deodorant spray and now use that every morning and it is awesome. Recently, I heard about someone using ACV on pads like toner and swipping that on in the morning, followed by a deodorant spray. I believe that may be an additional tool I pull out when Texas heat returns. I am so thankful for essential oils and how they are helping me stay healthy and stop stinking!

If you are interested in starting your EO journey with the highest quality oils, purchase a premium starter kit here - the best bang for your buck - and joining a community of people committed to natural living and education!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you love what you read, leave a comment, question, blogging round of applause, suggestion, or general hello. And while your opinion is respected, those who speak negatively and not to "build one another up in love" will be deleted.

All feedback is manually approved. Please be patient for your comment to appear.